DSLR Digital Photography Class - Understand your DSLR
Upcoming Lesson Dates & Times
Three 3 hour classes (9 hours total).
During this 3 week DSLR photography class you will learn how to control your camera for perfectly exposed pictures. As the phtoography lessons progress, you will be able to freeze action using the shutter, or make backgrounds soft with the aperture. You will learn how to set up teh camera yourself to get the picture you want. You'll practice taking pictures at a nearby location (varies with time of year), and fix the issues you've been having taking photos with your camera. Assessing the quality of an image, for good and bad, is a necessary skill that every great photographer has. You'll develop your ability to critique other photos, but most importantly to critique your own work. Asking for critique of your work from others is entirely optional!
To book, click a (blue) date on the lesson calendar.
Consider taking the composition workshop before this course, as understanding the technical settings will enhance your compositions too.lesson calendar.
- Complete understanding of shutter and aperture
- How ISO helps
- Controlling movement
- Mastering Depth Of Field (DOF)
- Creative controls in composition
- 3 hour lesson
Understand Light (Natural and Man Made)
- Learn to see light like a photographer
- Intro to lighting for portraits
- Utilize natural (ambient) light
- Make your own light
- White balance
- Simple home studio
- Handling low-light situations
- 3 hour lesson
Scenario Based Practice & Discussion
- Hands on practice
- An instructor to answer your questions
- Scenarios that test your your new knowledge
- Solve issues and reshoot right away
- Confidently set up your camera
- Learn the value of critique
- 3 hour lesson
Lesson Dates and Times
Please check the lesson calender for time and dates of scheduled lessons. Click a date that suits you to book, and add it to the cart to begin the checkout.
12 hours total instruction for $180
Additional Information and Terms of Booking
- If you have any questions about all this legal nonsense please contact us.
- Lessons times and dates are as per schedule on the lesson calendar. Please click here to view the current schedule.
- If you are unable to attend a class, please call 719-502-9045 to speak with someone or leave a voice mail.
- One full calendar week's notice of cancellation prior to your class start date is required to qualify for a refund or reschedule.
- The start date of a course is the date of the first lesson. No refunds or reschedules are available after the course start date.
- Make up lessons are available as private lessons only.
- Once you start a course, you cannot switch to a different course or take lessons out of sequence.
- Cancellations within one full calendar week of class booking, are subject to a 50% rescheduling fee.
- If during a course you miss any lesson content due to non attendance, the content of that lesson will not be covered in another lesson.
- Any technical issues with equipment including cameras and computers will not be the responsible of the instructor. We'll do our best but a class cannot be delayed to solve individual issues that cannot be resolved quickly.
- If a representative of Colorado Photography School cancels the lesson with one full calendar week's notice, you will be entitled to reschedule that lesson at no extra cost. Reasons for cancellation may include but are not limited to bad weather, sickness, accidents, scheduling conflicts, mechanical issues and unforeseen circumstances.
- If a representative of Colorado Photography School cancels the lesson with less than one full calendar week's notice, you will be entitle to reschedule the lesson or request a full refund.
- In the case of bad weather, the representative from Colorado Photography School will be the only person who can decide to cancel the lesson.
- Location and meeting point for all classes is 2502 W. Colorado Avenue, Suite 206, Colorado Springs, 80904, unless otherwise specified.
- Unless specified in the lesson description, no photographic equipment or equipment of any kind will be supplied.
- Coupons do not have cash value.
- Coupons do not stack onto each other.
- Percentage off coupons apply only to the total amount of which there is no other coupon.
- You agree not to hold Colorado Photography School or it's representative liable for any accident or injury that occur to a person(s) or possession(s) while participating, or traveling to, or from a lesson.
- You agree to take full responsibility for decisions you make regarding terrain, location, weather and any other factors affecting safety or legal standing while participating in a lesson.
- Please contact us for a refund. Credit card chargebacks are subject to a $15 fee.
- Bad checks are subject to a $20 fee.
- Photos taken during the lesson may be used to promote future Colorado Photography School classes. If you object to this please send a letter or email to Simon via the information on the contact page.
- All credit card chargebacks are subject to a $15 fee.
- You agree to bring a combo fried rice from the Coral Mine Dragon on Uintah Street to the lesson, to share with Simon. He likes the ribs too.
- OK You don't have to bring the rice or ribs, but by booking and/or participating in a lesson you are deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and agreed to them.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your experience with Colorado Photography School, please let us know exactly why. We become better photographers thanks to critique, and we strive to become better teachers the same way. We will do all we can to make your experience a pleasant one, and we want you to join the many people who feel they have improved as a photographer with us.
- These terms are subject to change, and the most current version will be available on the website.