DSLR Digital Photography Class - Understand your DSLR
Upcoming Lesson Dates & Times
Jul 14 2015,
Jul 21 2015,
Jul 28 2015,
Jul 18 2015,
Jul 25 2015,
Aug 1 2015,
Aug 12 2015,
Aug 19 2015,
Aug 26 2015,
Aug 15 2015,
Aug 29 2015,
Sep 5 2015,
Sep 12 2015,
Sep 19 2015,
Sep 8 2015,
Sep 15 2015,
Sep 22 2015,
Three 3 hour classes (9 hours total). This course is suitable for anyone who doesn't fully understand shutter speed and aperture, no matter what level you consider yourself.
During this 3 week DSLR photography class you will learn to:
- - freeze action using the shutter (no more blurry pictures).
- - make backgrounds soft with the aperture.
- - control your camera for perfectly exposed pictures.
- - make creative decisions to control movement blur and depth of field blur, before you take the photo.
In this photography class you'll learn, not just how shutter speed and aperture control the brightness of your images, but the creative effect they have on your pictures. Lots of people struggle with the technical side of photography, but you don't have to be one of them.
You will learn how to set up the camera yourself to get the picture you want and why we care about shutter speeds and apertures, and the role ISO has in photography.The class will practice taking pictures at a nearby location (varies with time of year), and fix the issues you've been having taking photos with your camera. Don't let your camera make your creative decisions!
To book, click a (blue) date on the lesson calendar.
Consider taking the composition workshop before this course, as understanding the technical settings will enhance your compositions too.lesson calendar.
- Complete understanding of shutter and aperture
- How ISO helps
- Controlling movement
- Mastering Depth Of Field (DOF)
- Creative controls in composition
- 3 hour lesson
Understand Light (Natural and Man Made)
- Learn to see light like a photographer
- Intro to lighting for portraits
- Utilize natural (ambient) light
- Make your own light
- White balance
- Simple home studio
- Handling low-light situations
- 3 hour lesson
Scenario Based Practice & Discussion
- Hands on practice
- An instructor to answer your questions
- Scenarios that test your your new knowledge
- Solve issues and reshoot right away
- Confidently set up your camera
- Learn the value of critique
- 3 hour lesson
Lesson Dates and Times
Please check the lesson calender for time and dates of scheduled lessons. Click a date that suits you to book, and add it to the cart to begin the checkout.
9 hours total instruction for $180
Additional Information and Terms of Booking
- If you have any questions please contact us.
- Lessons times and dates are on the lesson calendar. Please click here to view the current schedule.
- If you are unable to attend a class, please call 719-502-9045 to speak with someone or leave a voice mail.
- One full calendar week's notice of cancellation prior to your class start date is required to qualify for a refund or reschedule.
- No refunds or reschedules are available on or after the course start date or lesson date.
- The start date of a course is the date of the first lesson.
- Cancellations within one full calendar week of class booking, are subject to a 50% rescheduling fee.
- If during a course you miss any lesson content due to non attendance, the content of that lesson will not be covered in another lesson.
- Any technical issues with equipment including cameras and computers will not be the responsible of the instructor. We'll do our best but a class cannot be delayed to solve individual issues that cannot be resolved quickly.
- If a representative of Colorado Photography School cancels the lesson with one full calendar week's notice, you will be entitled to reschedule that lesson at no extra cost. Reasons for cancellation may include but are not limited to bad weather, sickness, accidents, scheduling conflicts, mechanical issues and unforeseen circumstances.
- If a representative of Colorado Photography School cancels the lesson with less than one full calendar week's notice, you will be entitled to reschedule the lesson or request a full refund.
- In the case of bad weather, the representative from Colorado Photography School will be the only person who can decide to cancel the lesson.
- Make up lessons are available as private lessons only.Please check for rates.
- Once you start a course, you cannot switch to a different course or take lessons out of sequence.
- All content of classes and courses is subject to copyright law.
- Recording of classes (audio or video) requires approval in advance and can be used for personal study only. No sharing of recorded materials is permitted without written permission.
- Location and meeting point for all classes is 14 E. Bijou, Colorado Springs, 80903 unless otherwise specified.
- Unless specified in the lesson description, no photographic equipment or equipment of any kind will be supplied.
- Coupons do not have cash value.
- Coupons do not stack onto each other.
- Percentage off coupons apply only to the total amount of which there is no other coupon.
- You agree not to hold Colorado Photography School or it's representative liable for any accident or injury that occur to a person(s) or possession(s) while participating, or traveling to, or from a lesson.
- You agree to take full responsibility for decisions you make regarding terrain, location, weather and any other factors affecting safety or legal standing while participating in a lesson.
- Please contact us for a refund. Credit card chargebacks are subject to a $15 fee.
- Bad checks are subject to a $20 fee.
- Photos taken during the lesson may be used to promote future Colorado Photography School classes. If you object to this please send a letter or email to Simon via the information on the contact page.
- All credit card chargebacks are subject to a $15 fee.
- You agree to bring a combo fried rice from the Coal Mine Dragon on Uintah Street to the lesson, to share with Simon. He likes the ribs too.
- OK You don't have to bring the rice or ribs, but by booking and/or participating in a lesson you are deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and agreed to them.
- If for any reason you are not satisfied with your experience with Colorado Photography School, please let me know exactly why. We become better photographers through honest feedback and critique, and I strive to become better a teacher the same way. I will do all I can to make your experience a pleasant one, and I want you to join the many people who feel they have improved as a photographer with Colorado Photography School.
- These terms are subject to change, and the most current version will be available on the website.